We have already written about the international project IMAGE of the European program Horizon 2020. Its main coordinator is Lviv Polytechnic National University, headed by Professor Anatolii Andrushchak, Head of the Department of Applied Physics and Nanomaterials Science, the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Fundamental Sciences.
― The idea of the project arose from the latest achievements in the field of nanotechnology in combination with our technology to optimize the induced effects in anisotropic materials, taking into account both materials with natural anisotropy and those that can be made with artificial anisotropy. We strive to increase the efficiency of their use by significant improvements, such as energy performance. We also use the nanoengineering approach for this, says Anatoliy Andrushchak.
The IMAGE project, worth 1,692,000 euros, involves 9 organizations from 4 countries of the European Union. Anatolii Andrushchak tells what is needed to attract similar international projects to Ukraine.
- First of all, you need to have a good and up-to-date idea that would be accepted and appreciated by independent European experts.
- Previous experience in such research topics (relevant international publications, articles in journals with a high impact factor, conference presentations and monographs) will also be extremely useful.
- It is necessary to gather a team of beneficiary organizations needed to carry out the project tasks. In the future, they should be part of your Consortium. Such relations should be developed in advance.
- Be responsible when writing a proposal. Allocate at least 3 months before the deadline. After all, you need to collect a package of documents, prepare all the data and complete the registration on time.
- And most importantly - do not stop after the first failure! You gain experience with each application. Improve your project, strengthen it and try again. I had to send applications for several years in a row. If I had given up after the first refusal, the IMAGE project would have remained only on paper. Ukrainians are the nation that does not give up and is going to win on all fronts.
Teaching staff of the Department are currently working on proposals for international grants. And we are sure that more such projects will come to Ukraine soon.