This year’s entrants submitted 7,950 applications to bachelor’s programs supported by Lviv IT Cluster.
What’s new in this year’s admissions campaign?
- As expected, Cybersecurity has gained the most popularity. As many as 1,480 entrants applied for this program at Lviv Polytechnic National University. 544 entrants got interested in Cybersecurity at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
- Artificial Intelligence at Lviv Polytechnic (915 applications) and Data Science and Intelligent Systems at Ivan Franko University (460 applications) are also among the most popular areas.
- Demand for data analysis is also growing. There are 508 applications for only 90 licensed places for Business Analytics and Data Science program at Lviv Polytechnic.
- Entrants are also very interested in humanitarian areas. For example, 135 entrants applied for the HR Management program at Ivan Franko University, although there are only 50 licensed places (only 5 of which are state-funded). 257 entrants applied for IT Sales Management at Lviv Polytechnic, although there are only 35 places (14 of which are state-funded).
- The hardware sector has been maintaining its popularity for many years in a row. Thus, 753 entrants applied for the Internet of Things program at Lviv Polytechnic National University, although there are only 150 places, and 76 of them will be funded by the state. Robotics is also in demand at Lviv Polytechnic.
Summing up, it can be noted that the list of entrants’ interests is constantly expanding. Nowadays they are interested not only in technical areas, but also in more creative ones, which open no less good prospects.
Now students have to submit a document for enrollment on the state-funded and contract form of study. Enrollment will continue until mid-September.
For more details, visit the Facebook page of IT Expert.