The Department is subordinated to the Vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work and international relations.
The Department carries out following functions:
- Preparation and submission of admission orders for foreign students and their exclusion.
- Registration and visa services for foreign students and trainees, and other foreign citizens coming for a long time in Ukraine at the invitation of the Lviv Polytechnic.
- Preparation of report documents and relevant information on request of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, border and customs sites of Ukraine, Lviv regional state administration, embassies and other organizations in Ukraine and abroad (including information on graduates of past years both citizens of other states and citizens of Ukraine, who are abroad).
- Organization of preparation and monitoring of education documents issued by the Lviv Polytechnic for foreign students who are studying or graduated from the Lviv Polytechnic, or who are transferred to other educational institutions or excluded from the University.
- Legalization of graduation documents of foreign students at consular Department of MFA of Ukraine and apostilization in Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Assistance and providing of appropriate information for embassies and consulates abroad about staying and education of their citizens in Lviv Polytechnic.