For five years, Lviv IT Cluster has been actively developing tech education in Lviv, creating new educational programs, laboratories, spaces, organizing interesting lectures and projects together with participating companies. By joint efforts it is possible to reform all educational links in the city: secondary education, vocational education and higher education. Every year the number of educational projects of the Cluster increases, accordingly, there is a need for expert support and quality characterization of existing and future initiatives. That is why this year Lviv IT Cluster launches the Education Committee.
The committee will be joined by representatives of the main education stakeholders: representatives of IT companies and the education sector, which includes heads of educational institutions, as well as Departments of Education of Lviv City Council and Lviv IT Cluster, which have been actively working on IT education in the city.
The main composition of the Education Committee:
- Andrii Dvorchyn, Interlogic, HR Director;
- Andrii Peremyibida, SoftServe, Talent Acceleration Center Director;
- Serhii Shcherbak, EPAM, Head of Educational Programs in the Western and Southern Regions;
- Roman Pavliuk, Intellias, VP, Head of Technology Office;
- Ihor Salamin, PlVision, Head of Human Capital;
- Yevhen Sakalo, GlobalLogic, Head of the University Program in Ukraine;
- Stepan Veselovskyi, Lviv IT Cluster, CEO;
- Zenovii Veres, SoftServe, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Head of the Education Committee of Lviv IT Cluster;
- Khrystyna Horbas, Lviv IT Cluster, Head of Education Committee.
The main composition of the committee is formed with the involvement of professionals who are the greatest experts in education. As the Cluster team develops and improves study programs at Lviv universities, it was decided to form an additional composition of committee. It involves representatives of education and universities with whom the Cluster works to address issues of universities or schools during joint meetings.
Additional composition of educational institutions representatives:
- Vitalii Kukharskyi, Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical Work and Informatization, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv;
- Pavlo Zhezhnych, Vice-Rector for Education and Informatization, Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- Yaroslav Prytula, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, the Ukrainian Catholic University;
- Zoriana Dovhanyk, Head of the Department of Education of the Department of Humanitarian Policy, Lviv City Council.