Every fifth graduate of IT specialties graduated from the National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Lviv Polytechnic National University or Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics. 20% of all IT graduates study at these three technical universities, while the remaining 80% are trained by 133 universities. Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute is the most popular university – 8% of IT students have graduated from it.
This is confirmed by the research of GlobalLogic: 36% of all engineers as of 2021 were educated at Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Lviv Polytechnic and Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics. Since 2018, 10% more specialists have graduated these universities. This indicates a good technical training provided in these institutions of higher education.
About 25% of professionals, who came to GlobalLogic in 2020, have up to one year of experience and started working for the company immediately after graduation. At the same time, 43% of newcomers (Trainees) graduated from Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Lviv Polytechnic and Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics. In total, more than 1,200 specialists joined the company in 2020.
Methodology: GlobalLogic used open data from such sources as DOU, BRDO, as well as internal statistics for the research.