The organizing committee invites you to participate in the Internet conference «Ukraine in the coordinates of the Eastern Partnership: the search for geopolitical priorities through the prism of national security», which will be held on March 24, 2023 in Lviv, Ukraine.
The organizer of the event is the Department of Political Science and International Relations, the Institute of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine. The conference is held within the framework of the EU Initiative «Eastern Partnership: Opportunities for Ukraine» (EaP Initiative) with the support of the EU Erasmus+ programme, Jean Monnet Actions, which is being implemented at Lviv Polytechnic National University during 2020–2023.
The purpose of the Internet conference is to discuss the current problems of the political, economic, security, humanitarian and socio-cultural dimensions of the Eastern policy of the European Union, the search for effective mechanisms of cooperation that will contribute to the realization of the European integration aspirations of Ukraine as a candidate for EU accession, the prospects for its further participation in the EU initiative «Eastern Partnership» taking into account the need for its revision in the conditions of modern geopolitical challenges, mainly due to the military aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. The event includes the participation of a wide range of scientists, students, political practitioners, representatives of state authorities at various levels, public organizations and international projects supported by the EU.
Thematic directions of the Internet conference
- The main approaches to strengthening the system of security and stability in Europe.
- Transformation of Ukraine’s geopolitical priorities since the end of the 20th century. and to the present day.
- The evolution of the Eastern policy of the EU in the context of modern geopolitical challenges.
- The potential of Ukraine-EU partnership in the security sphere.
- Obstacles and challenges for Ukraine on the way to the implementation of the EU initiative «Eastern Partnership».
- Hybrid challenges for the Eastern Partnership agenda.
- Cooperation in the field of security between the countries covered by the EU’s Eastern Partnership programme.
- Evaluation of the implementation of the Ukraine-EU Association Agreement in the field of foreign and security policy.
- Challenges and opportunities for Ukraine in the security sphere as a candidate for membership in the European Union.
- The Russian factor in the European integration of Ukraine.
- Russian aggression and the formation of new security alliances.
The form of participation is mixed (offline and online).
To participate in the Internet conference, you need to fill out an online application form till March 15, 2023.
According to the results of the Internet conference, an electronic collection of materials will be published.