The ceremony «Philanthropist of the Year 2022» was held at Lviv Polytechnic National University for the second time. In this difficult time for Ukraine, when the enemy wants to destroy our state, our people, Polytechnic does not stop working, developing and moving on, in particular thanks to the people who support the University.
At the beginning of the event, we expressed our gratitude to the soldiers who so sacrificially defend our native land and each of us from the bitter enemy who invaded our country to burn it to ashes and wipe out the Ukrainian people. Among the military who are fighting in the hottest places today, there are many Polytechnicians – a bow to all of them. With a moment of silence we honoured those who defended us at the cost of their lives.
– I am very pleased that you are with us on this journey. It would be very difficult without you. Thank you for understanding how important it is to support education and science, and Lviv Polytechnic in particular, in such a difficult time. We fight for the present and lay the foundations for our future. Lviv Polytechnic is not just a university, but a huge structure. The number of majors and educational programs available at Lviv Polytechnic gives us the opportunity to fully meet the needs of the market. There is no doubt that due to the war, the priority has changed. Today, the most important thing for us is the defense of our country, the safety of our employees and students. Therefore, we must ensure the high quality of specialists. Thank you once again for being with us, living with our problems, seeing tomorrow together with Polytechnic, emphasized in his welcome speech Yurii Bobalo.
The culmination of this meeting was the awarding of the companies selected by the Academic Board of Lviv Polytechnic National University.
We remind you that Philanthropists are defined in the following categories:
- Philanthropist of the year – a legal entity;
- Philanthropist of the year – a natural person;
- Philanthropist of the year – the best volunteer.
Nominees can be persons who have made a charitable contribution to the development of the university in the current year of at least 1 million hryvnias – for legal entities and at least 100 thousand hryvnias – for individuals.
This ceremony is an act of honouring those who in their activities preserve spiritual values and selflessly work for the public good.
So this year, the winners in the Legal entity category:
- the SoftServe company;
- IDS Ukraine company;
- research and production enterprise Enamine.
The Philanthropist of the year in the Natural person category was Oksana Stelmakh, a graduate of the Department of Engineering Systems and Networks, Lviv Polytechnic, co-founder of the Leobit company.