The International Institute of Education, Culture and Diaspora Relations together with Sophia Ukrainian school in the United Arab Emirates are organizing the International Project Competition «Brand Ukraine: Creating Together» among Ukrainian youth abroad (students of Ukrainian schools, members of Ukrainian youth patriotic public organizations) on the best ideas for the creation and promotion of the brand Ukraine, improving the international image of Ukraine in the countries where Ukrainians live.
The partners of the competition are the World Federation of Ukrainian Women’s Organizations and the UWC International Educational Coordinating Council.
The purpose of the competition is to involve young people and children from all over the world in creating and promoting the image of Ukraine in their environments. Tasks of the competition:
- search for ideas to create a positive image of Ukraine among different target audiences, taking into account the specifics of the foreign country and the peculiarities of children and youth audiences;
- search for ideas for children’s and youth cultural diplomacy of Ukraine in the world;
- attracting public attention in Ukraine and abroad to the brand Ukraine, presentation of the best competition proposals, etc.
Teams of 3–5 participants in one of the age categories: 10–14 years or 15–18 years can apply to participate. The following teams can take part in the competition:
- teams that study at Ukrainian schools abroad or are members of patriotic Ukrainian public organizations abroad;
- teams whose members do not belong to any of the listed categories, but live outside Ukraine and want to join.
In addition, a team with three participants may include one participant from Ukraine, if there are four – five participants, it can include two participants from Ukraine.
Teams can present the results of their work in the form of a presentation (e.g. in PowerPoint) or videos. The members of the jury who will evaluate them will be experts in the fields of marketing, economics and culture. These materials will be provided to diplomatic missions and public authorities of Ukraine, as well as widely covered in the media. Their creators, children, will be rewarded with valuable gifts.
Registration lasts until January 31, 2020.