European Investment Bank (EIB) provides a grant of 10 million euros for the implementation of Higher Education of Ukraine project, which currently involves 7 Ukrainian universities. It is planned to increase energy efficiency in almost 150 buildings of these institutions. The grant agreement with EIB was signed by Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Liliia Hrynevych on December 17, 2018, within the framework of the EU-Ukraine Association Council meeting in Brussels.
At the moment, the works are planned to be done in the following institutions:
- Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- Yurii Kondratiuk National Technical University of Poltava;
- Chernihiv National Technological University;
- Sumy State University;
- National Pedagogical Drahomanov University;
- Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute;
- Vinnytsia National Technical University.
Today, the selection of higher education institutions for the second stage of the Higher Education of Ukraine project continues. According to it from 13 to 15 universities will be able to improve their energy efficiency, depending on the volume of work.