The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Lviv Polytechnic National University, invites students/master’s/postgraduate/doctoral students to participate in the International Scientific and Practical Conference «Problems of Journalism Education and Practice: Ukrainian and World Experience», which will be held online on the Zoom platform on September 27–28, 2023.
The purpose of the event is to share experiences and discuss modern conceptual and practical aspects of media functioning in the context of economic, security and digital challenges; to unify the efforts of scientists, academic staff and media practitioners to study and overcome problems in the field of journalism education, to develop directions and strategies for effective implementation of journalism ethics and standards as well as media freedom, taking into account its importance and role in society.
The main directions of the conference
- Section 1. Prospects for the development of modern journalism education
- Section 2. The role of journalism in the implementation of democratic principles in society
- Section 3. Media literacy and misinformation: their importance in society
- Section 4. Convergence of media and digital platforms: the need of the hour and the global trend
- Section 5. Media culture as social creation: changes, accents and narratives
- Section 6. Media innovations and technologies in the focus of the journalist’s competencies.
Conference languages: Ukrainian, English, Polish, Czech, and Slovak.
According to the results of the international event, it is planned to publish the conference program and a collection of abstracts, which the participants will receive in a printed form. Also, the collection of abstracts will be posted on the website of Lviv Polytechnic National University.
To participate in the conference, it is necessary to send abstracts and an application for participation to the email address email@example.com till September 15, 2023 (inclusive).
For more details, see the conference call for papers.