Round table «Sustainable practices and measures to prevent contamination of landfills with mercury-containing waste» within the framework of the project LIFE Mercury-FREE Complex Awareness Raising and Behaviour Change for the Mercury-Free City Environment will take place on September 21–22, 2023 at Lviv Polytechnic National University.
The purpose of the round table is to present the results of scientific research, discuss and share sustainable practices and solutions for reducing mercury pollution in urban ecosystems.
Roundtable discussion topics
- Management decisions regarding the management of mercury-containing waste in the city.
- Strategies for handling mercury-containing components in the city: experience and prospects.
- Environmental safety of handling mercury in the city as an element of national security.
- Best practices for handling mercury and its components in the city.
- International experience of handling mercury and its components: a case for Ukrainian cities.
The workshop «Sustainable practices and solutions to reduce mercury pollution in urban ecosystems» is planned as part of the International Round Table.
The registration deadline is September 19, 2023.