The main directions of scientific activity of Lviv Polytechnic National University
(approved by the University Academic Board in the Protocol No. 5 of 24.06.2014)
- Formation of human living environment by the architectural and urban planning facilities.
- Theoretical and experimental investigations of the building and bridge structures, development of the energy- and resource-saving construction technologies, advanced building materials, and improvement of the energy efficiency of heat and gas supply chains and sustainable water use.
- Geoinformation monitoring and evaluation of the environment by methods of geodesy, cartography, remote sensing and inventory.
- Actual problems of the humanities and social sciences.
- Resource-saving technologies, environmental protection activities, and evaluation and usage principles of the recreational and tourism potential of the areas.
- Problems of economics and innovative development management.
- Resource-saving technologies and intellectual control systems in energy supply for objects of the economic activity.
- Development of novel technologies, technical systems and materials in the industry and transport, diagnostic of machines, constructions and buildings.
- Advanced computer systems and information technologies.
- Development of the theoretical foundations, hardware and software, mathematical assurance of computer, measuring, control systems and information security systems, their metrological assurance and certification testing.
- Legal, psychological and informational problems of statehood development in Ukraine.
- Development of the mathematical methods and physical-mechanical models and their application to solve applied problems.
- Infocommunication radio electronic, electronic and optoelectronic systems and devices, materials and components.
- Development of the theoretical bases and technologies of obtaining processes for new organic and inorganic substances and materials of various use.
- Diaspora and migration processes in Ukrainian and global dimensions: political, economic, educational, and cultural aspects.