The Preparatory Department provides training for foreign citizens for further entry into higher educational institutions of Ukraine in the following subjects:
- Ukrainian language;
- Technical drawing (for students who will continue studies at technical higher schools);
- Biology (for students who will continue studies at medical higher schools).
Those persons who succeed in studies at the Preparatory Department receives appropriate certificates.
Graduates of the Preparatory Department have the opportunity to continue their studies at the Lviv Polytechnic National University, along with other technical, medical, humanitarian higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
The annual cost of studying is $ 1500.
Students of the Preparatory Department, who do not speak English well enough, but plan to continue their studies in Ukraine in terms of English-language training, have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge in an additional elective course. The cost of training in such classes is $ 250.
The cost of living in a hostel is $ 60. US per month (payable in UAH at the National Bank of Ukraine rate).
To join the Preparatory Department, you must e-mail email@example.com the scanned copies of the following documents:
- certificate on previous education;
- аpplication form for admission (sample attached);
- consent to the processing of personal data (sample attached);
- mailing address information to send the original training invitation.
After considering these documents and after the university makes an affirmative decision on his/her admission, we sent the original invitation to study to the specified address. Base on which the consular institution of Ukraine abroad issued a visa for the study.
In the Preparatory department, we have a study start period that lasts from the 1st of September till the 1st of April.
Foreign citizens arriving for study must have with them:
- a complete set of documents on previous education (originals) with information on the assessment system, according to which the grades are presented;
- medical certificate issued no later than three months before arrival in Ukraine;
- medical certificate about false-negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 done no more than 48 hours prior (this document can be cancelled by the appropriate decision of the state authorities of Ukraine);
- birth certificate.
Prior education documents have legalized under the law of the country in which they issued.
The foreign citizen must notify the university in advance after obtaining a visa to study the date of arrival, flight number to meet them at the airport.