The Nature Index 2020 Annual Tables highlight the institutions and countries that dominated high quality research in the natural sciences in 2019 as tracked by Nature Index. The rankings are based on an institution’s or country’s share of articles published in prestigious scientific journals selected by an independent panel of experts and tracked by the Nature Index database.
The Nature Index is a database of author affiliation information collated from research articles published in an independently selected group of high-quality science journals. The database is compiled by Nature Research. The Nature Index provides a close to real-time proxy of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional level.
Among Ukrainian institutions included in the Nature Index 2020, Lviv Polytechnic National University ranks ninth, and if we take into account only higher education institutions, it is sixth.
Top 10 Ukrainian HEIs included in the Nature Index 2020
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Oles Honchar Dnipropetrovsk National University (DNU)
- National Technical University of Ukraine – Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (NTUU KPI)
- Lviv Polytechnic National University (LPNU)
- National Technical University – Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (NTU KhPI)
- Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy (BKNUC)
- Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University (UNO)
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University