In accordance with Presidential Decree No. 903/2019, on the basis of the submission of the Committee on State Prizes of Ukraine in the field of science and technology, young scientists were presented with the Awards of the President of Ukraine 2019.
In particular, three representatives of Lviv Polytechnic National University received Presidential Awards:
- for the work «Theoretical bases of prediction and prevention of unauthorized access in special information networks»:
- Ivan Opirskyi – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor at the Department of Information Security, the Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology;
- for the work «Modeling the social communication system for a smart city»:
- Natalia Veretennikova – Candidate of Social Communications, Assistant at the Department of Information Systems and Networks, the Institute of Computer Science and Information Technologies;
- Antonii Rzheuskyi – Candidate of Social Communications, Librarian of the 1st category at the Scientific and Technical Library.