On November 26, during his business trip to Kharkiv, First Deputy Minister of Education and Science Yurii Poliukhovych told about TOP-20 universities that for the last 3 years received the largest portion of state funds for science.
Lviv Polytechnic National University ranks fifth in this list with an amount of 69.984 million hryvnias.
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv – UAH 296.795 million;
- V. Karazin National University of Kharkiv – UAH 178.278 million;
- National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» – 79,175;
- National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute» – 70,547;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University – 69,984.