The Department of Philosophy, Lviv Polytechnic National University, invites you to participate in the International roundtable discussion «Volodymyr Vernadskyi: scientist, naturalist, philosopher, politician and cultural activist», which will be held on October 23, 2020.
The roundtable discussion offers to discuss the following issues.
- Life and work of Volodymyr Vernadskyi.
- Volodymyr Vernadskyi thoughts on the natural sciences, their essence and significance in public life.
- The concept of biosphere and noosphere in modern philosophical understanding (philosophy of ecology, philosophy of nature).
- History of natural sciences and the concept of the noosphere.
- Volodymyr Vernadskyi and Ukraine, its past and future.
Everyone who is interested in the philosophy of natural science, the history of natural sciences and their methodology, as well as the philosophical understanding of Volodymyr Vernadskyi doctrine of the noosphere is invited to participate.
The deadline for materials submission is October 12, 2020.